- 3/4 lb uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks in juice, drained, 2 tablespoons juice reserved
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 12 pieces
- 4 medium green onions, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1. In shallow glass or plastic dish or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix all marinade ingredients. Add shrimp, pineapple, bell pepper and onions to marinade; stir to coat. Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate 15 to 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
2. Brush vegetable oil on grill rack. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Thread shrimp, pineapple, bell pepper and onions alternately on each of four 12- to 14-inch metal skewers; reserve marinade.
3. Cover and grill kabobs over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, turning and brushing with marinade once, until shrimp are pink and firm and vegetables are tender. Discard any remaining marinade.