Thursday, October 7, 2010
Tequila Lime Shrimp
1 tablespoon oil
1 shallot (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 jalapeño (chopped)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveived)
1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup lime juice
1 teaspoon lime zest
salt and pepper
1 handful cilantro (chopped)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the shallots and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, jalapeño and cumin and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the shrimp, tequila and cook until the shrimp are pink, about 1-3 minutes per side.
5. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
6. Simmer the sauce to reduce to the desired amount.
7. Remove from the heat and add the shrimp, lime juice, cilantro and salt and pepper.
Recipe from: http://closetcooking.blogspot.com/2008/06/tequila-lime-shrimp.html