NOTES Instead of sweetening the sauce with Stevia, honey would be another great option
Recipe from: http://www.familyfreshcooking.com/2011/02/03/chicken-with-coconut-lime-peanut-sauce-recipe/
- 1/2 cup light Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup natural Peanut Butter (I like crunchy)
- 1 tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
- Juice from 1 Lime (about 1 tbs lime juice)
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce (nam pla)
- 2 teaspoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- Pinch of the following:
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Stevia to taste, or your favorite natural sweetener
- 2 pounds Chicken Breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced Onion
- a few Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 cup chopped Asparagus Spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
Serve with some brown, jasmine or basmati rice.
Sauce: In a medium bowl whisk together the peanut butter, coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, sweetener & seasonings to form a sauce. Taste and change anything if you want to. Set aside.
Chicken: Heat coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onion & garlic cook until softened. Add chicken, cook until golden brown and cooked through about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally for even cooking. Stir sauce into chicken. Partially cover and simmer for about 5 minutes to let the flavors combine. Add asparagus during the last few minutes of cook time. Serve with spicy Sriracha sauce and garnishes mentioned above.