- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can chick peas, drained and rinsed well
- 5 to 7 artichoke hearts, drained and sliced lengthwise (canned or frozen, rinse the canned ones.)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted if desired
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or 1 tsp dried
1. Heat oil in a seasoned wok or cast-iron skillet. Add the chickpeas and cook on medium-high for 10 minutes, stirring only occasionally to prevent burning, until the chickpeas are golden brown all over. When done, put them in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Add more oil to the pan and cook the sliced artichoke hearts until browned. Add them to the bowl of chickpeas.
3. Toast the almonds in a dry skillet (if desired) and then grind them in a food processor. Add the almonds to the artichokes and chickpeas. Season the salad with lemon juice and salt and stir in the chopped parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature, adjust the seasoning if needed.
Recipe from: http://www.thecookingphotographer.com/2010/05/golden-chickpea-and-artichoke-salad.html