4 servings, 8 points per serving
- 8 oz whole grain Barilla Rotini pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 14 oz Progresso diced tomatoes
- 8 cups spinach
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3/4 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta; cook until just tender, 8-10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms release their liquid, 4-6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, spinach and crushed red pepper. Increase heat to medium-high; cook, stirring once halfway through, until spinach is wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta and divide among 4 bowls. Dollop each serving w/ 3 tbsp rocotta.