This is my revised version of the above recipe...
What You Need:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large ripe mango, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely (or equivalent jarred minced)
- 1/2 tsp of red chili powder
- 2 tbsp bourbon (optional)
- 1 tsp sugar (optional, if using bourbon)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Flatten chicken breasts between plastic wrap to 1/4" thickness, or even.
- Heat oil in pan, and fry chicken to brown. Remove from heat to cutting board. Toss garlic and mangos into the pan w/ the oil. Cook on low for 2 minutes, or till mango starts to break down.
- Meanwhile, shred chicken into bite-size pieces using two forks. Add into mangos with chili powder and sugar&bourbon if using.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes. Season to taste w/ salt and ground pepper. Heat 1 min on medium.
- Serve hot w/ steamed rice.
Made this w/ Jeff in 2011 - w/o bourbon, but having cooked chicken w/ 3 sprigs rosemary.
Made for Mom & Dennis 2/2012 - w/o bourbon.