1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (plus a bit unmelted for the muffin tin)
2 cups flour (plus a sprinkle for the muffin tin)
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup corn kernels (I used two cobs)
1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter and flour your muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking sods, salt, sugar and chili.
- In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, egg and melted butter.
- Mix together the dry and wet ingredients. Gently fold in corn and basil, making sure there are bit or yellow and green all through the batter.
- Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to scoop batter into your prepared tins.
- Pop in the hot oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the muffins are golden.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for a few minutes before popping them out of the tin.