Recipe from: She Wears Many Hats
- 2 pounds ripe peaches, peeled and sliced/diced (about 8 peaches)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Wonton wrappers (1 12 oz. pack should do it.)
- Canola or vegetable oil, enough for about 1″ of oil in your pan
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Slice up the peach and toss in a large bowl with flour and brown sugar.
- Lay out the wonton wrappers, drop about a tablespoon of sliced/diced peaches and a tad bit of peach juice in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Using your finger or pastry brush, wet the outside edge of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold one corner of the wrapper over to the other corner, and gently press down to seal edges. Make sure to seal edges thoroughly to avoid the oil splattering. Add an additional fold, if you’d like by dabbing the corners with water and folding them up to meet in the middle.
- Heat 1″ of canola or vegetable oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat to 375°F. Carefully slide wontons into oil and fry for about 2-3 minutes, turning as they fry. When they reach a lovely golden brown, remove from oil to a paper towel lined pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Let cool ever so slightly and enjoy!
- Makes about 50-55 wontons.
Cooking time: 3 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 50-55 pieces