Recipe from: Greedy Gourmet
7.5g (¼ oz) fresh yeast
150ml (5 fl oz) lukewarm water
5ml (1 tsp) sugar
2.5ml (½ tsp) sea salt
15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
37.5g (1½ oz) durum wheat flour
200g (7 oz) strong bread flour
250g (9 oz) ricotta cheese
4 large pears, thinly sliced
300g (10 oz) Stilton cheese, crumbled
50g (2 oz) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Crumble the yeast in a bowl and dissolve in the water. Add the sugar, salt and olive oil.
- Add the two flours a little at a time and knead the dough in a mixer for around 10 minutes, until it is elastic. [You can also knead the dough by hand.]
- Sprinkle a little flour over the dough, cover with a cloth and leave to rise in the bowl for about 45 minutes, until it is double in size. While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 250°C (fan 230°C/500°F/gas 10).
- Divide the dough into 8 and roll each one out thinly on a floured surface.
- Spread a layer of ricotta on every pizza.
- Distribute the pears over the pizzas.
- Crumble the Stilton over the pears, and then sprinkle over the chopped walnuts.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately.