Inspired by Savvy vegetarian and Clean Start.
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 English cucumbers (or type of your choice), chopped
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2-3 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (Stir can well before measuring out)
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp agave nectar (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp arrowroot powder, for slight thickening (optional)
1. Chop the cucumbers, red onion, 1/4 cup packed fresh mint, and dill. Place into large bowl and combine.
2. In a food processor, make the dressing by processing the rest of the ingredients (coconut milk, mint, olive oil, lime juice, agave, salt, optional arrowroot powder). Process until mostly smooth (tiny mint speckles will remain).
3. Pour the dressing onto the cucumber salad and mix well. Chill for an hour or two or serve immediately. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes 2 servings.
Note: Salad does not keep well overnight in the fridge (it gets a bit watery), so I suggest eating it the same day.