8 ripe plums
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 heaping tablespoon of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of ground ginger
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Pinch of salt
1. Slice and pit all of the plums.
2. In a small saucepan combine all ingredients and warm over a low flame for 10 minutes.
The key here is to reduce blend the flavors and reduce the mixture to a glaze. Balsamic vinegar can go from a wonderful reduction to "I really messed that up" in no time flat, so keep an eye on it and taste it frequently.
3. In a large mixing bowl, toss the sliced plums with the ginger-balsamic mixture.
4. Grill the plums sliced-side down for about 5 minutes or until they just start to wilt.
5. Remove from the grill and let cool. Place the plums in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before enjoying.
Recipe from: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2011/08/grilled-plums-with-ginger-balsamic-glaze.php
Blogger's original note: These plums are best enjoyed with a glass of 2008 Primoroso from Oso Libre Winery. Primoroso is swirling with dark berries and minor floral notes. The blend has just a hint of spice which makes it the perfect pairing for this dish.