- 1 box (1 lb) rigatoni pasta
- 2 medium carrots (4 oz), halved
- 1 medium onion (6 oz), quartered
- 1 pkg (8 or 10 oz) whole mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 links Italian turkey sausage (about 10 oz), casings removed
- 1⁄2 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1⁄4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes in thick purée
- Cook pasta in large pot of salted boiling water as box directs. Meanwhile, put carrots, onion, mushrooms and garlic in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté chopped vegetables 6 minutes.
- Add turkey sausage and cook, breaking up clumps, 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in rosemary, salt, pepper and wine, if using; boil 1 minute.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Spoon over drained pasta.