recipe from: Bakin' on the Side (adapted from Eclectic Recipes)
Yield: 2 Pints
1 1/2 cups apple cider (or apple juice)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Peel, core and chop apples, add to slow cooker.
2. Add cider/juice, sugar and spices.
3. Cook on high until bubbly.
4. Reduce heat to low and cook 6-8 hours, stirring every hour. When done, the apple butter will have thickened and be a deep brown color.
5. For a smoother texture, blend to break down any remaining chunks of apple.