- 1 lb pork chops
- 2 tsp garlic oil (I use olive oil, sometimes add a tsp of minced garlic)
- 1/2 cup hard cider (I use Woodchuck's Granny Smith)
- 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard (I recommend Maille Old Style Whole Grain Dijon)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- If making pork chops, remove the fat, and bash with a mallet, rolling pin or meat tenderizer between two pieces of plastic wrap to thiner, more uniform thickness for even and quick cooking.
- Heat the oil in the pan, and cook chops over med-high heat for about 5 min per side. Remove and keep warm.
- Pour cider into pan and deglaze, letting it bubble for apx 1 minute. Add mustard, and stir in cream.
- Let sauce cook for a few minutes.
Toss Gnocchi in this sauce and enjoy it's apple-mustard deliciousness!
This recipe is originally from Nigella Lawson's cookbook, Nigella Express.