Grilled Apple & Cheese Sandwich
- 1 small apple, sliced (you won't use the whole thing)
- multigrain bread
-muenster cheese (or gruyere)
- whole grain mustard (Maille)
1. Heat pan on medium-low with 1 tbsp butter. Lay apple slices into the pan and cook for about a minute, then flip over (or stir if using a sautee pan), and cook until they start to get golden brown and are no longer raw. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Butter one slice of bread and place in the pan butter side down. Carefully butter the top side of the same slice of bread (this is optional, but to me, there's never enough butter on a grilled cheese). Add a layer of cheese, and then arrange sliced apples on top. Top with another layer of cheese.
3. Now butter another slice of bread on one side, and then swipe on a thin layer of whole grain mustard onto the other. Add this to top off your grilled cheese sandwich with the mustard side on the cheese, and the butter side on top.
4. Carefully flip over the entire sandwich to grill the other side, and place a domed lid over the whole sandwich to get the cheese nice and melty.
5. Remove from pan, cut diagonally, and enjoy it's gooey cheesy goodness.