For Filling: Sautee until golden & softened:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped small
- 1-1/2 lb pre-cooked ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp worchestershire
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, or dried but rubbed between fingers to crush up
- 1 tsp fresh parksley, or dried and rubbed between fingers to crush up
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
For Potatoes, boil about 20 minutes or until soft.
- 1.5 lb potatoes, quartered/chunked
- 4-6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk (a bit at a time
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- a bit of salt to taste.
At this point, you can cook or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Bake 30-35 minutes.
1. Made 9/6/12 for Mom & Dennis. Dennis liked that this version does not have much liquid/gravy in it. Mom liked that it had lots of flavor and veggies instead of just meat and potatoes.