- (1) 3 lbs firm, fresh Jalapeno Peppers, washed (i used other hot peppers)
- (2/3) 2 cups Cider Vinegar
- (2) 6 cups Granulated Sugar
- (<) 1/2 tsp tumeric
- (<) 1/2 tsp celery seed
- (1) 3 tsp granulated garlic
- (1/3) 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Wearing gloves, remove stems from jalapenos and slice into uniform 1/8-1/4" rounds. Set aside.
- In large pot, bring cider vinegar, sugar, tumeric, celery seed, garlic & cayenne to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add pepper slices and simmer for exactly 4 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer peppers into sterile caning jars, up to within 1/4" of the upper rim of the jar.
- Turn heat up under pot wth syrup and bring to full rolling boil. Boil hard for 6 minutes.
- Use a ladel to pour boiling syrup into jars over jalapenos.
- Wipe rims of the jars w/ clean damp cloth, and fix on new lids.
Original recipe from: