- 36 oz canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 bell peppers, seeded and ribs removed (mix of red/green/orange)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 jalapeno peppers (or other hot pepers), seeds and ribs removed
- 1-1/2 medium onions
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 small box powdered pectin (1.75 oz)
- Chop all veggies.
- Mix everything together except pectin in a pot. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add pectin, let boil 1 minute.
- Pour relish into half pint jars, leaving bout 1/2 inch room.
- Store in fridge up to 2 weeks, freeze up to 2 months, or can.
Serving suggestions include dumping it over a block of cream cheese and eating w/ pita chips or crackers, or mix together w/ the cream cheese to make a creamy dip.