Modified very slighty, and here is my version!
- 4 large turkey breast tenderloins
- 5 oz fresh spinach, chopped
- 6 oz log of chevre, cut into pieces and left at room temperature
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Rinse turkey breasts and pat dry. Butterfly each tenderloin by cutting lengthwise from end to end, but not the entire way through. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all chopped spinach, chevre and fresh black pepper to taste; you can try to use a spatula, but really just give in and dig your hands in there to get all the cheese and spinach thoroughly combined to a beautiful sticky mess.
- Split spinach mix into 4 portions, and stuff each tenderloin with 1/4 of the mix using your fingers to really smush in and close tenderloins with toothpicks or kitchen twine to keep inside and hold into place.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, salt, cayenne; brush evenly over all sides of the tenderloins. Roll each tenderloin individually, tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap, and refrigerate 4-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375. Unwrap turkey and place in a shallow roasting pan with a lid. Cover and roast 40 minutes or until turkey reaches 170F. Remove and discard strings / toothpicks before serving, and slice tenderloins crosswise to plate.
4/11/2016 - made this for mom & stepdad. Everyone really loved it - super easy to put together, and came out really moist with great flavor.